We are home! After 26 LONG hours of traveling we finally made it back home over the weekend. Bria was a trooper, only having a difficult time for 4 out of the 26 hours. Jason and I were completely wiped out after the trip, and are still feeling the effects. Jason actually went in to see the Doctor today.
At the Denver airport we were greeted by my mom and 2 very excited big brothers. They were all smiles as they gazed upon their sister in person for the first time. Bria was still too groggy from being asleep on the plane to make any connections right away. Off to the car we were then greeted by a cold front. Bria drew in her breath each time a cold wind brushed by. What was this? And then she found herself being put in a car seat – how horrible! We made it home, though, and once inside she got her 2nd wind. She was all giggles and babble as she and the boys interacted – being chased and loved on. My wonderful mom made us a delicious meal. So sorry she had to leave so soon!
“Adjusting” is the key word for our last few days, and probably will continue to be so for awhile. We are adjusting to being a family of 5, to less sleep at night (although Bria is sleeping fairly well – just getting up at 4 AM), to less free time, to new routines. We are enjoying the new dynamics Bria brings to our family, the laughter, tenderness and excitement. We are also trying to discern her bouts of fussiness and resistance. It is a time of both joy and challenge, and are so grateful to know God is right there with us!
We will need to start saving our pennies to one day return to India with the kids when they are older. I truly enjoyed the chance to see a glimpse of India. What a fascinating country - so unique, so many commonalities throughout the country, yet so diverse. This time, on our final drive to the New Delhi airport, I felt at ease as we weaved through the honking traffic. I breathed in the intoxicating air that smelled of spices and incense, and watched the busyness of the day in all its radiant colors. I look forward to going back one day with the family!


Wow!!!!!!! Congratulations! We're so thrilled for you guys and your new family of 5. May the Lord continue to bless you, as you adjust. The boys look very happy...and Bria does too. :) Many blessings!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Lena, Andrew, Hannah, Karin & Jenna
Congrats! So thankful we were able to watch your story unfold and we're so happy for your new family of 5! May God continue to bless your family and support you as you all adjust to your new normal! Blessings to you!
ReplyDeleteThose first weeks with a mobile toddler plus jet lag -- groan. I can remember it all too well, including the advice from other moms that going from 2 to 3 kids was the biggest stretch for them.
ReplyDeleteBria looks so happy with her big brothers! I will pray that your husband mends soon, and that your wake-up times get a little later each day . . . Congratulations on being home, all 5 of you, together!
Nancy
Nice...all 5 of you home. I hope that you find your new normal soon. I love all those smiles in the picutre.
ReplyDeleteWelcome home!
Julie
Welcome home! That flight home is SO exhausting! Happy to hear that Bria is sleeping well. The picture of the kids is adorable. I love all those smiles. It is nice to have those "big brothers" to help with the transition. Hoping you find that "new normal" soon.
ReplyDeleteApril :-)
What a beautiful picture of the three siblings together! Welcome home!
ReplyDeleteWELCOME HOME!!! I can't believe you went all the way to India and now you're back home again as a family of 5. What an incredible journey. Congratulations! Can't wait to meet Bria. I will continue praying for you all as you continue getting to know each other and growing in love for one another. Wishing you all the best!
ReplyDeleteWe so look forward to going back too,if the Lord wills:) Have a good time settling in as a family of 5!! Congrats and she fits right in with those boys!! Gidget
ReplyDeleteLove it that you are all together and hope you feel rested soon! Praying that Bria will feel "at home" soon and sleep longer. I bet she is well taken care of with her big brothers:)
ReplyDelete