Posting this from Amsterdam -
We are on our way to India!- Well, 1st to Minneapolis, then to Amsterdam, and then on to New Delhi, India! The boys and their Grandparents dropped us off at the airport in Denver this morning. Aidan thought it was quite fun to miss school for the morning. I already miss my boys (sniff), but I know they are in great hands – first with Jason's parents and then mine for the 2nd half.
Our first flight of the day was delayed due to mechanical problems, making an already short layover in Minneapolis even shorter. We booked it to our next plane, and just made it in time. I hope our luggage did too!!
I am so excited to be going to India, -the most obvious reason being to pick up our little girl, but I am also excited to be traveling to a place I have dreamed of visiting for many years. I have been enchanted by India and its culture from afar, but now I get to taste a small fraction of India in person, and get a glimpse of our daughter's country. I suggested to Jason the idea of our family living in India during the time we were waiting for Bria, but he wasn't too sure about that. : ) (I really was serious about that too.)
We will be in India for 2 ½ weeks. The first week we will travel a bit – to the Taj Mahal in Agra, then to Jaipur. From there we will go to Bangalore where we will get the chance to meet the staff and visit the programs of UEMI, the organization I work for. After our quick visit there we will head to Kolkata, and our Bria. Then back to New Delhi for the required medical exam for Bria, and to secure a visa for her to head back to the US.
Yay! The time has finally come!
I am thrilled to read that you are on your way to bring your precious girl home. Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned. Thanks for letting us bloggers follow along on such an incredible journey! Safe travels to you both!
ReplyDeleteApril :-)
Yay Melanie!!! You're finally going to India!!! You are going to have an amazing time. I think we will definitely be in Kolkata and/or Delhi at the same time. Let me know your dates, and where you're staying, and we can try to connect! This is the trip of a lifetime, enjoy every moment! Emily
ReplyDeleteAt last!!!! I couldn't be more thrilled for you -- enjoy all the sights and sounds, and some really great food! Save travels as you count down the days until you meet Bria,
ReplyDeleteNancy
Ah yes! Amsterdam. That is where we connected to head to Delhi too! So excited to follow along as you explore and meet your daughter for the first time! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteJulie
Yay!!! So glad u are here! Hope to see u in the morning. :).
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful trip ahead...I look forward to watching it unfold! Sounds like so much fun meeting up with other families like Kristi and Emily and whoever else is there...what a special time! BLessings!
ReplyDeleteYeah, you're on your way! So excited to hear more from you as you continue in your amazing trip. Take good care of yourselves!
ReplyDeleteYay!! Hope you are enjoying your first day in India. Karsten and Aidan scored a ton of goals at their games on Thursday. Miss you! XXXX Keri
ReplyDelete