Thursday, April 7, 2011

Passport has Arrived!

It has arrived! Bria Akhi's Indian passport is in the hands of the Orphanage Director! How fun to see her little face on the passport picture.

The news came early this morning through email from our adoption Program Director. It came after the 3rd email check of the morning. Checking email every morning has become quite the routine over the last year - longing to hear of news of Bria, or of getting through an adoption step, or of any type of progress. Since India is 11 1/2 hours ahead of us we would usually hear of any news that happened during the day, the next morning. After dropping the boys off at school, I would grab my cup of coffee and bowl of oats and fruit (yes oats), and sit down in front of the computer to check email. I would quickly scan the list of emails for our Program Director's name. So often I would stare back at a page void of any news. After a short sigh, I would try to distract myself and move on to the tasks of the day. This last week, the email checking started to escalate. Going on the 3rd week of not having heard any passport news was making us all antsy. An email check was added during the time the boys ate their breakfast before school, then another check was added just before we left the house. Jason and I and the boys started to vote on which day we thought we would hear the news. We all were wrong. But now the days of guessing and constantly checking emails are over!

We have finally reached the moment of making travel plans. We are confirming an appointment date with the US Embassy in New Delhi when we will need to take Bria to get a travel visa. Once that has been set the tickets will be booked. We are hoping to leave next Wednesday. Can you believe it?!

14 comments:

  1. Yes, I can believe it!! You have waited long enough! Within a matter of days, Bria Akhi will be in your arms :) It is truly amazing Melanie. Can't wait to hear how your travel plans unfold. Here's hoping we're in Kolkata at the same time! Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!!! I am so happy that you are finally on your way!!! I will be following every detail of your journey!!!

    :)Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. we will be in delhi until the 15- if you stop by there first- let us know! i hope you got pics from jynger we were having trouble with our email. yay for passport- great news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great news! I hope you'll be able to meet some of your other Dillon/blog friends while you're there. We will be waiting for those first photos of you with your sweet daughter!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOO-HOOOO!!!! The long awaited passport approval email has arrived! No more waiting now. You are going to India to bring your precious girl home!!!!!! So excited to watch another family bring travel and bring their baby home. This is such an exciting time!

    April :-)

    P.S. I have been checking adoption blogs like you have been checking emails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOORAY! HAPPY DANCING twice in one day. Once for Asha Moni and now again for Bria!!

    Can't wait to hear about travel plans and your exciting journey.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful news. I too have been stalking all the blogs every chance I get. This is such an exciting time. Congrats and cant wait to follow your journey.

    Shefali

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you! You taught me about Quaker oats w/milk...yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATS,I totally remember the passport excitement,it makes the statement of... were OUTTA HERE!! Can't wait to see pictures.
    Gidget:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for passports! We have been waiting for this day for over 11 months and it's finally here! I cannot wait to see pics of Bria and your smiled filled tears...It's really time! I will be praying for you as you travel and spend those first moments with Bria. Give a BIG hug to Dawson for us...tell him we will be there shortly! So excited for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah!!!! Rejoicing with you!
    SarahJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATULATIONS! John and I are so excited for you and your family. Can't wait to see little Bria with her new family! :) Thoughts and prayers will be going out on your behalf during the coming days and weeks as you travel, meet Bria, and begin your journey as a family with her. What an adventure, for sure God bless!

    -Dori & John

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah for you!!!!!!! I'm going to follow every step!

    ReplyDelete